Power Outage Safety Tips for Henderson?
SERVPRO® of Commerce City responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Henderson. Power outages can happen for many reasons, so it is always a good idea to be prepared for one. Here are some tips from the American Red Cross for preparing for a power outage:
- Stock food and water. Store non-perishable food and water supplies for at least two weeks. Plan to use coolers and ice to extend food refrigeration and keep a thermometer in the fridge, freezer, or cooler to monitor the food temperature.
- Know and plan for your personal and medical electrical needs. Take an inventory of your electrical needs. Consider both backup and non-power alternatives for lighting, communication, medical devices, and refrigerated medicine, cooking, garage doors, locks, and elevators. Discuss a plan with your primary care or medical device providers for your medical needs.
- Prepare a pet emergency kit for your companion animals.
- Plan for heating or cooling your home. Use methods such as sealing around windows to insulate your home. If the weather is very hot or very cold, plan to go to a location with air conditioning or with heat. Never use a generator, outdoor stoves, or heaters indoors.
- Plan for surge protection. Make sure that you have current surge protectors for household electronics.
Call Us Today!
When your home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Commerce City has a team of technicians ready to respond. Call us today at 720-532-0219. We’ll restore your storm damage in Henderson, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.